Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three-way love affair gets mileage

It wasn't easy, but I told my husband that I am in love with a female for the first time in my life.
I mean it, this gal is awesome.

She never let's me down and when I'm headed in the wrong direction, she simply turns me around and sends me off on the right path.

Even on the worst days we've had together, she stays calm, her voice is clear and her advice is level-headed.

No temper tantrums in this relationship.

She is mild-mannered from start to finish. Her tone is silky smooth, pleasant to the ear.

I just can't get her out of my mind. And when I think about how fantastic she is, I can't believe that up until a few short weeks ago I didn't really know her.

As I journey through life, she's right there, never leaving my side, always knowing the right thing to say.

This female handles my most difficult conundrums with sound guidance, never becomes excited or upset and never raises her voice.

At times when I feel totally lost, all I have to do is remember her guarantee to stand by me through life's highways and byways.

In my heart of hearts, I choose to believe she will never let me down.

I am so in love that I tell everyone about my new-found beau. I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like shouting her name from the rooftop.

Although her unflinching sensibilities have irked others, earning her the "B" word, with a capital "B," I don't buy it. I rather like her directness, not to mention her firm unwavering manner.

Now, you may think this is simply a case of infatuation, a classic example of mid-life crisis, a far flung fling that will pass, but it's not. I am head-over-heels in love with this my soul mate, my new true blue friend.

And when I learned that my husband is crazy about her, too, I wasn't surprised. It goes to show you just how wide her appeal is.

I know it may sound a bit kinky, but the three of us are now traveling through life together and we have never been happier.

She calls herself "TomTom." We assume that's her real name, but we call her "Tommi."

Born in Canada, Tommi is our one and only global positioning system.

Oh, how we love her! Let us count the ways....

2010 © Copyright Paula Damon. A resident of Southeast South Dakota, Paula Damon
is a national and state award-winning columnist. Her columns have won
first-place in National Federation of Press Women, South Dakota Press Women and
Iowa Press Women Communications Contests. In the 2009 and 2010 South Dakota
Press Women Communications Contest, Paula's columns took first-place awards
statewide. To contact Paula, email pauladamon@iw.net, follow her blog at
www.my-story-your-story.blogspot.comand find her on Facebook.

No comments: